Full Text Israel Political Brief June 22, 2014: PM Benjamin Netanyahu’s Remarks at the Start of the Weekly Cabinet Meeting Updating on the Search for the Three Abducted Teens

ISRAEL POLITICAL BRIEF

ISRAEL POLITICAL BRIEF: ISRAEL NEWS

PM Netanyahu’s Remarks at the Start of the Weekly Cabinet Meeting

Source: PMO, 6-22-14
יום ראשון כ”ד סיון תשע”ד

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made the following remarks at the start of the weekly Cabinet meeting:

“Over the weekend I met with the parents of the abducted youths. I promised them that we are doing, and will do, everything to bring the abducted boys home safely. We are in the midst of a continuing and focused effort to – first of all – bring the boys home.  This effort entails a certain friction with the civilian population in Judea and Samaria; we have no intention of deliberately harming anyone but our forces are acting as necessary for self-defense and from time to time there are victims or casualties on the Palestinian side as a result of the self-defense actions of our soldiers.

We are focusing on returning the abductees, on finding the kidnappers and on striking at the organization to which they belong. We have unequivocal proof that this is Hamas. We are sharing this proof and information to this effect with several countries. Soon this information will be made public. I think that at that time Abu Mazen’s remarks in Saudi Arabia will be put to the test in practice. His remarks will be tested not only by actions to return the boys home but by his willingness to dissolve the unity government with Hamas, which abducted the youths and calls for the destruction of Israel.”

Advertisements

Full Text Israel Brief June 15, 2014: Three teens kidnapped by Hamas terror organization in Gush Etzion

ISRAEL BRIEF

ISRAEL BRIEF: ISRAEL NEWS

Source: MFA, 6-13-14

MFASummaryNew

Contact lost with three teenagers in the Gush Etzion area. Israel holds the Palestinian Authority responsible for the well-being of the missing.
The names of the missing yeshiva students have been released for publication. They are: Gilad Sha’er (16), Naftali Frankel (16), and Eyal Yifrah (19).

Eyal Yifrah, Gilad Sha'er and Naftali Frankel

At approximately 17:30 Israel time (June 13, 2014), the IDF Spokesman released a special announcement:

“During the night, contact was lost with three teenagers in the Gush Etzion area [of the West Bank]. The security forces are acting to locate the missing youths and extensive searches are being conducted at this time in the area.”

The three Israeli teenagers, all yeshiva students, were last seen late Thursday night in the area of Gush Etzion. Forces are conducting a widespread operation in order to locate them.

IDF Spokesman Brig. Gen. Moti Almoz said the current mission is to bring the three Israeli teenagers home safely and as soon as possible. “We are concentrating all of our intelligence efforts on trying to track down the missing individuals.”

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is hold a security assessment of the situation, at his Tel Aviv office, at the Defense Ministry, with the participation of Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon, Public Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovitch, IDF Chief-of-Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz and the ISA. The Prime Minister previously held a security consultation at his Jerusalem office with the participation of Defense Minister Yaalon and Public Security Minister Aharonovitch.

Israel holds the Palestinian Authority responsible for the well-being of the missing.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with US Secretary of State John Kerry and told him that Abu Mazen was responsible for the well-being of the missing. The Prime Minister added that what has been happening on the ground since Hamas’ entry into the Palestinian government is destructive and the result of the entry of a murderous terrorist organization into the government.

%d bloggers like this: