ISRAEL POLITICAL BRIEF
ISRAEL POLITICAL BRIEF: ISRAEL NEWS
Security Cabinet Decision
1. To continue acting in accordance with its 24 April 2014 decision and to not negotiate with a Palestinian government with backing from Hamas, a terrorist organization which calls for the destruction of Israel;
2. To act, including in the international arena, against the participation of terrorist organizations in elections;
3. To authorize the Prime Minister to impose additional sanctions on the Palestinian Authority;
4. To hold the Palestinian Authority responsible for all actions that harm the security of Israel which originate in Judea, Samaria and the Gaza Strip; and
5. To form a team to consider ways of action given the new reality that has been created and ahead of diplomatic and security situations that will be created in the future.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said:
“Today, Abu Mazen said yes to terrorism and no to peace. This is the direct continuation of Abu Mazen’s policy of refusing peace. While Israel has carried out courageous and painful steps on behalf of the diplomatic process and continues to be committed to peace, Abu Mazen has refused to extend the negotiations, has rejected the American framework document, continues to incite against Israel, has unilaterally acceded to UN treaties and has now forged a pact with the Hamas terrorist organization.
Abu Mazen has forged a pact with the Hamas organization, which is responsible for the murder of over 1,000 innocent Israelis and the firing of thousands of missiles at Israeli cities.
Abu Mazen has forged a pact with Hamas, an organization which has been declared a terrorist organization in the US, Europe, Egypt and throughout the world, and which completely rejects the international community’s conditions. The international community needs to treat it accordingly.
In recent days, the leaders of the Hamas terrorist organization have reiterated their commitment to the path of terrorism and to the elimination of the State of Israel.
The agreement with Hamas makes Abu Mazen directly responsible for the terrorism emanating from Gaza.
The State of Israel will not conduct diplomatic negotiations with a Palestinian government with backing from Hamas, a terrorist organization that calls for the destruction of Israel.”